Wednesday, December 01, 2010

New Day, New Tune

I read the 3rd chapter of 2 Peter with anticipation.  I look forward to the Lord's return and would prefer it be now rather than later.  I am tired of this world.  I'm tired of it's hurting.  I'm tired of it's suffering.  It's not that I can't find joy here but I like to imagine what waits for me there.


Today, I heard There Will Be A Day sung by Jeremy Camp and it renewed my desire for His coming.


I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that trys to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth,
that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings

That there will be a place with no more suffering

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears

There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we’ll hold on to you always

I know the journey seems so long

You feel your walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone

Troubled soul don’t lose your heart

Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting

I can’t wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced

To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery this is why this is why I sing….

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears

There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face

There will be a day, He’ll wipe away the stains, He’ll wipe away the tears, He’ll wipe away the tears…..there will be a day. 


 

The past few weeks have brought new challenges to my life, challenges that make me long for what is ahead.  I am challenged to figure out who I am and it has brought some hard, hard moments for me and for people near me.  I may write about some of those in the next 30 days, I may not.  I have a journal where I keep my most raw, most vulnerable comments.  I have a decision to make and I'm not sure where to go with it.  Today, my plan is to shut the blog down at the end of this month and go a different direction and I'm not sure if I want to go out with feel-good theme or with some tough stuff.  There are some who have told me this blog helped them and I am thankful for God giving me the words to do it.  Others may have stopped by just to see the freak show unfold.  I don't know what the next 30 days will bring...or the days after that.  But I do believe there will be a day and I long for it.

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about "The Day" a lot lately too.

I hope you decide to keep blogging but I understand the weight you feel with blogging in opening yourself in such a non-private way.

Whatever you decide about the blog for the next month or beyond that, just keep it real like you've been doing.

It helps me.

I'll talk to you later, my friend.

Rick Ross said...

I too am consumed with thoughts of that day. But it makes me all the more intentional about what I do with each precious day here. Ushering in the Kingdom as I await its complete fulfillment.