Monday, June 28, 2010

Does The Second Hand Matter?

“The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)

I have a second hand on my watch so I can count time in the smallest of fragments.  I am not sure God uses a second hand on his timepiece.  I want answers and actions now.  God allows me to wait.  I am impatient.  God is not.

Maybe lack of patience is one of the hole's in my structure that God wants to work in but I don't seem inclined to let Him just now.  I want answers.  I think He's hard of hearing.  Maybe He thinks I'm impetuous.

My patience with God has run thin of late.  Isn't it ironic that my hope is His patience with me is greater than ever?  That's a lesson of irony I need to take to heart.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

“Let nothing disturb thee; Let nothing dismay thee; All thing pass; God never changes. Patience attains All that it strives for. He who has God Finds he lacks nothing:God alone suffices.”
St. Teresa of Avila quotes

Sweet Blessings,
Virginia