Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Black Screen

As is my ritual, I woke up and turned on the TV to hear the weather report (hoping the weatherman will tell me it is going to be sunny and 78 today) and all I get is a black screen on the TV.  Something is amiss with my DirecTV tuner so I call them.  Of course, they don't open until 8:00 but there is a way to get to a technical service member who turns out to be an automated voice.  I figure out how to get the automated attendant to send me to a live person only to get a busy signal.  I tried it twice.  Two busy signals.


It seems like life is too often like that.  We want to do one thing only to find something that prevents it and when we call for help we get what seems like a busy signal.  God, please hear me, please answer me, please help me to overcome this crisis.  Busy signal.  God, I know you are there, I believe it but I don't understand why you won't fix this mess, why you won't make all my hurts go away, why you won't give me the answers I want.  Busy signal.


I know deep down God isn't too busy for me.  I know He is doing what He sees fit, what He knows is best even when I can't see it, but, it comes across like a busy signal at times.  It's frustrating to say the least bordering on maddening at times.  Just like with DirecTV, I want to give up at times and walk away from it all.


I'll call DirecTV back and keep trying until I can get in touch with someone who will then send a fixer to my house in the next 3-10 days.  I'll eventually get my TV fixed so I can see the weather and the Rangers. 


AND, I'll keep calling God back.  I'll keep asking for help, I'll keep asking for answers and I trust that eventually, at the right time, He will show me what He wants me to see.  Even more, I know that eventually He will fix all my problems, make all things perfect and I will not have to worry with the weather or any other problems ever again.  I long for that day.


Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I long for that day too.

Rick Ross said...

There is a popular Christian song out right now in which the singer asked, "Does anybody hear me? The silence is deafening . . . You seem so far away."

I have spent many a day there!

But the conclusion? "Nothing can separate me from Your love."