Monday, June 07, 2010

It Ain't Easy

Blogging can be a very difficult  hobby.  I have been working on two posts and I cannot complete either of them because of the difficulty of the subjects I want to tackle.  I have much to say but seem to be inept in putting it in a succinct thought process that can be read in day, much less minutes.  It makes me want to scream.  That said, I'll just ramble for a moment and hope the words come to me for these other posts.  I'm sure I will get some feedback in various forms if and when I can get them up.

We have a group of 35 from our church headed to Ecuador this Friday.  I wish I was going but it didn't work out this year so I will ask you to join me in praying for them and the work they will be doing with a home for orphans.  You can learn more about it at hohministries.com.

I have a friend who has a parent dying from cancer.  It was heart-wrenching talking to him the other day.  My heart is heavy for the ordeal that is before them and I pray that God gives them all peace that goes beyond understanding.

Last week, I heard one of our  youth talk to the rest of the group about how fast you can find yourself in trouble.  He knows from experience.  His talk got me thinking about Hebrews 12 again and how disciple allows us to grow.  It's not what anyone wants but it can be very beneficial.  This from Hebrews 12...7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! 10Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. 11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Here's to the hope that our joy in the Lord will be bountiful and our discipline short-lived.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: