Thursday, July 01, 2010

Living Scared

It's easy for me to live in fear, to live scared.  Fear of the unknown and scared of what my imagination conjures up.  When I'm living in fear, my mind is constantly engaged trying to figure the way out.  There is no stillness, no peace.


Isaiah gives us this in chapter 43, verses 1-2:
But now, this is what the LORD says—
       he who created you, O Jacob,
       he who formed you, O Israel:
       "Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
       I have summoned you by name; you are mine*. 

When you pass through the waters,
       I will be with you;
       and when you pass through the rivers,
       they will not sweep over you.
       When you walk through the fire,
       you will not be burned;
       the flames will not set you ablaze. 


*(emphasis mine)
If I can only remember that God is with me; with me through the waters and through the fire.  God is with me.

Grace and peace to you.


3 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Like the disciples on the road to Emmaus, I want my eyes to be opened so that I can SEE Him. But until then, I will trust that He walks with me.

Shark Bait said...

Nice

aleix bonet said...

great blog


http://poble9encatala.blogspot.com/


bye