Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Faith

My son recently presented a lesson on David and his faith.  It really got me thinking about my faith and how shaky it is at times.  There are circumstances in my life that are less than optimal and I wonder where God is in them and begin relying on myself to have the answers.  While these times can be painful, I am not hiding for my life in a cave.  I am not being sent into battle with a giant who could crush me in one hand.  I am not fending off wild animals.  No, I'm just going about my life, showing up at work, going to baseball games, catching a movie now and then while my faith seems to drift in and out.


I've pointed out time and time again how our Bible heroes suffered but the beauty that shows through in their suffering is their incredible faith, their unfailing knowledge that God is with them, that He will protect them and provide for them.  The kicker is...He will do that for me if I exercise faith and maybe a bit of patience too.  I want to be a man of faith.  I want to trust that God will give me what I need and overcome my enemies.  I want to live in the knowledge that the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.


Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Travis Caddell said...

The most difficult thing for me is that my enemies are not giants or lions in the flesh. They are these nagging things that I think are vanquished only to have them rise up again. I guess it just shows that Satan knows our weaknesses and will attack us there.