Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wally World

I've never been a big fan of Wal-Mart but today was a good Wal-Mart day. On the way to the office, I hit something in the road that sliced the inside of one of my tires open. Wal-Mart being just up the road, I limped in before it was completely flat and let them work on it. They don't carry my tire so they put the spare on and I can head to the big city to get the other one replaced.

Today is declared Wal-Mart Day on the Way Out Wise blog!
________________________________________________________

I traveled to Burkburnett last night to watch my son and his team play basketball. It's neat watching a bunch of kids I coached at one time growing up and still playing ball. I think I've coached at least half the boys on my sons team at one time or another. Great memories and more to be made.
________________________________________________________

Thanksgiving is Thursday and I have so much to be thankful for - nothing more than a Savior who loves me, who has given his life for me and who has prepared an eternity for me that I can barely begin to imagine.

There's a song we sing at church with a line that says "count your many blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings, see what God has done." I've never stopped to count them one by one because it would take a long, long time but it is a good exercise to embark on often.

I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with thanks for the good times and the difficult times. God is with us every step of the way.
_______________________________________________________

I'm planning to be on a blogging vacation until after the holiday weekend.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Melissa Taylor said...

No matter what you say, I still believe that Wal-Mart is one of Satan's tools! I appreciate all you are thankful for - sometimes it is easy to forget. Happy Thanksgiving!