Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday!

Today's excerpt from Crazy Love may be the one that struck me the hardest and sent chills down my back.

Lukewarm people think about life on earth much more often than eternity in heaven. Daily life is mostly focused on today's to-do list, this week's schedule and next month's vacation. Rarely, if ever, do they intently consider the life to come. Regarding this, C.S. Lewis writes, "If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this one." Crazy Love p. 75

Several events have intersected in my life that have opened my eyes to who God is and brought clarity to so many things I have wrestled with in my life. Some months back, Rick Ross did a series on heaven that reached my ears at just the time I was most open to hearing it and has helped me put much more focus on eternity and not this present world. It's not that I don't get caught up in today's to-do list at times but I see my shifting focus on eternity as one of the most prominent drivers in my new relationship with my Lord. (You can get the podcasts of those lessons on iTunes.)

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. (Col. 3:2)

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: