Thursday, November 26, 2009

Bono

I don't know as much about Bono and his religious beliefs as I might should before posting a video of him speaking at the NAACP awards but, for me, his words speak loudly and directly to my heart.



I used to dabble with the idea that God might bring a disease on someone for their sin. Today, I shudder at the idea that I would think that. I read about what Jesus did with lepers, the crippled, the blind...he LOVED those people, he TOUCHED those people. I feel more sure today than ever that were Jesus walking the streets today, he would be in the midst of people afflicted by AIDS and he would LOVE those people and he would TOUCH those people.

Again, I repeat, I am writing this for my benefit and the only finger I am pointing is aimed at the guy in the mirror.

I love the Lord and I pray that my words, my thoughts and my actions will reflect that more and more in the days to come.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

WOW! I would LOVE to show that one in church! Bono is an incredible person -- and a GOOD preacher.