Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Where Did It Go?

Time. It's zooming past me the last few days and I don't seem in control of it. I need more hours in my day to do all the things that are coming my way but I seem to be in the same position of many people I know.

My mom told me the story of asking her butcher one time, "how do you manage it when you have so many people in line?" His response was simple and provoking, "I just help one person at a time."

I've learned there is only so much I can do and I'll just do what I can and start over the next day on what remains. It may not be the best way to handle it but it helps keep my stress manageable most of the time and I get to enjoy the time I spend with people.
__________________________________________________________________

I didn't see the Democrats debate but the snippets I saw this morning seemed like the battle is on. The comments between Clinton and Obama seem to be personal and very pointed. It will make the election process interesting to watch but I still can't get excited about any candidate.
__________________________________________________________________

Last Sunday was my first time to be at church in about 4 weeks. Between the holidays, business travel and my little preaching gig, I've been gone and it was so good to be back. There is a familiarity with "home" but it was more than that, it was being in the presence of God with people I truly love. I already look forward to the next time we will be together.

No comments: