Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bush's Last Stand

I took time to watch the State of the Union speech last night being that it is Bush's last one. I'm always amazed - and saddened - to see the President make a point that half the people stand up and cheer for and half remain seated and give the appearance they are bored to death. When our political leaders resort to junior high tactics, I get the feeling we are not on the right track as a country. I do enjoy hearing the President recite his past victories and his hope for things to come but looking at many of the faces in the audience, I know much of it will only be verbal dreams with no realization.

Add the drama between Obama and Hillary and now we have Mitt and McCain taking potshots at each other and it's just a sad environment we have to vote in. Why do the candidates think we want to vote on them based on the negative things they can point out about the other candidate instead of the positive things they think they will bring to the office?

It's just sad.
_______________________________________________________________

We had a great Bible class Sunday morning discussing spiritual warfare and the demons that are constantly trying to attack us. The discussion, like others before it, remind me how futile I often spend my time trying to solve all my problems instead of calling on a supernatural being who wants to help me, wants to protect me and wants to defeat those demons for me. I can't find a supernatural battle but God can yet day after day, I often find myself flailing about and forgetting to call on my Lord. I just paused to pray for God's help and protection for today for me and for you. I need Him and I believe He will protect me.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Recently Obama referred to the fact that Republicans (and Reagan) have had ideas. He didn't even say that they were necessarily good or bad ideas -- just that they have had them. And he got roasted by some in his party! That's when you know things are really nuts!