Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow...

I arrived in Denver, Colorado today to a 32 degree temperature and big snowflakes falling. It was really pretty but not so great to drive in. Tonight, I've seen road-graders and bulldozers out on the streets moving snow and the rent car looks like I drove through a mud hole.

I got to the rental car place and they lady says, "I can't find your reservation but we do have a compact available." I laughed and then realized she was serious so I'm cruising the Rockies in a Ford Focus. I'm glad it's just me.

I go home Friday night and leave Sunday morning for New York City. I wish my family was traveling with me. I look forward to seeing NYC (I've never been there) but it won't be as much fun by myself. My daughter was going to come on this trip so we could eat at one of my favorite restaurants that serves LOTS of boiled shrimp but she had UIL competition. I tried to get my wife to go to NYC with me but she has this strange desire to be at home with the kids (what's up with women - going all maternal? Just kidding, I'm thankful she has that desire).

I'll try to blog some but it will probably be sporadic. Thanks for checking in and I'll catch up with you when I can.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Denver is not one of my favorite cities. New York City is incredible! I hope you get to do some sight-seeing. You HAVE to go to Ellis Island and Central Park.

Melissa Taylor said...

I'm jealous that you are in Colorado. Tell the mountains and the snow hi for me! I'd of gone to NYC with you - all you had to do was ask!