Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Things Change

Talking to my son last night, I realized this Saturday could possibly be my last time to coach him in a sports activity. It hit me like a ton of bricks. It's a phase of life that is changing like so many have and so many more will but the realization that this phase is over makes me a bit sad.

One of the great joys I've had in my life is working with so many kids over the years. They have brought me many surprises and lots of joy. I will miss the opportunity to build relationships with them but appreciate the time I have had. It will be neat to watch them continue to grow and change.
__________________________________________________________________

We went to the Ft. Worth rodeo the other night and had great seats and a fun time but I was ready to go about half way through the night. I remember when my wife and I went to the rodeo 5 or more times a year when we were first married and I remember how much we enjoyed it. Not anymore.

That said, Stock Show cinnamon rolls are still one of the top-3 I've ever had.

No comments: