Thursday, January 10, 2008

Going Home

I'm headed home tomorrow. It's been a fast trip and just two sleeps in a foreign land. I'm ready to get there and hug my wife and children.

I may have mentioned that my rental is a Ford Focus. It's a small car and the lights don't come on and go off automatically. The headlights of the trucks behind me shine right on the rear view mirror and it drives me nuts. I can't wait to get back in my truck.

Eating lunch today, I looked at the window and was gazing at the snow capped Rockies. What an awesome sight. In my mind, seeing the mountains here always makes me think I'm getting a small preview of Heaven.

I'm a Board Member for an industry association and we met today. One of the topics was where to hold the annual conference in 2009. Three cities in Colorado were all targeted with Breckenridge being the leading contender. Several of the bored members were suggesting places like New Orleans, Lexington and some place in Minnesota. Do they not all realize that the Blue River flows through Breckenridge and provides some excellent trout fishing? What more could they ask for?

I've got to go to bed. I'm up early for a meeting and I don't like up early.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Was the reference to "bored" members intentional?

Melissa Taylor said...

I noticed that too! Mark agrees with your comment about Breckenridge - why go anywhere else? I miss the Rockies soooo much. It gave me great pleasure to see those every day of my life growing up; it is definately something I miss greatly now. It is hard to leave those mountains. Enjoy it while you are there!