Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Other Side of the Coin

Tod and LeeAnn (Bailey) Brown were classmates of mine at college. This past week, they were in a terrible accident that took the life of their 13 year old son and has their daughter going through several surgeries to repair damage to her legs. It is heartbreaking and I cannot begin to imagine their pain.

Tod and LeeAnn are incredible people who have a deep and strong committment to God and faith in Him. It was evident when we were in school and it is evident today. A web site has been set up to keep people posted on what is happening with their family and it includes a guestbook where people have left notes. The sheer volume of notes to the family speaks volumes about the impact they have had on the lives of others but the notes themselves show how deeply this family went with so many. When I think about the loss of their son, I cannot comprehend what feelings they might have but I think I can comprehend what their son experienced, the environment he was raised in and the faith I am confident he had in his Father. In my idea of Heaven, I think the young boy is sitting with God today telling Him about the wonderful parents he had on earth.

I hurt for the Browns and hope they will come through this as best they can. I feel certain that their faith and hold onto God will do that. I can only imagine the pain of their loss will never go away but they will also see the other side of the tragedy, that their son is now with God.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

They truly are wonderful people. I cannot imagine a greater pain than what they have experienced.