Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Storms of Life

The storm that blew through yesterday did a little damage and moved on. 14 phones and maybe as many computers were ruined yesterday by a lightning strike. Hours of lost time and lost money replacing equipment for something that lasted just a few minutes. Wow.

I think my life has too often been like a storm. In just a few minutes I can do a lot of damage to people I love, to friends, to people I really don't know. I am disappointed by my example to them and saddened by the hurt I cause. My temper and my tongue have too often been a storm, short-lived but leaving a trail of damage in it's path. I want to take it all back, I want a do-over but there is no such thing. I hurt for the people I've hurt. Even more, I hurt for the un-Christian example I have been. It's not who I want to be.

My prayer today is that God will help me leash my tongue and my temper, that I will be more thoughtful of others and less inclined to think of myself. I pray that those I hurt will find healing and will forgive me. I pray that my heart will be broken, that my will and the evil, hurtful things I do will be replaced by the love of God and from this day forward that is what people see and hear coming from me.

No comments: