Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Wall

Our preacher recently wrote a blog about not writing a blog (www.rross.blogspot.com). He cited some reasons why he might quit writing a daily blog that was met with a number of counterpoints by his daily readers. I've come to appreciate his thoughts over the last couple of weeks and think it's time for a blogger vacation for me.

When I started, I was only writing for myself, a place for a journal that was easy to find and keep up with. Over time, several people found my blog and have read it off and on. I've been surprised by some of those who have commented to me about something they read here. Most of the comments have been positive and I appreciate them. There may be others of you who look at this blog like a bad wreck. You can't help but look at the carnage hoping for a glimpse of something positive.

It does get hard to write something each day, especially when the thought of what to write turns to thinking of what someone will want to read. When I was just writing for myself, it was easy thinking I was the only one who would read some of my crazy thoughts. Once I knew other people were coming here, I felt a responsibility to try and write something they would enjoy.

To stop the rambling, I'll be more concise and simply say I'm going to take a few days off. I have so much going on right now that the brain seems more like oatmeal than something that should be churning out understandable thoughts. I'll probably try to post something next Tuesday or Wednesday and see how the head is before deciding whether to push on or give up for awhile.

Until then, have a great weekend, enjoy your Sonic coney if you are so inclined and stay dry.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

You can have a few days off, but don't quit. I enjoy what you have to say.