Thursday, May 17, 2007

How's Your Bass

No, not your fish. I'm talking about the bass notes that are emitted from tiny cars, a sound so deep and resonating you would think the car must be bouncing down the road. I was in a car audio shop recently and a young kid had his car in to fix his subwoofers. Once they did, they cranked it up and the windows of the store were vibrating, the metal around the windows rattling. Being 15 feet away, you could feel the vibrations coming from this small little car. Amazing. This guy paid who knows how many dollars to make his car vibrate and there are thousands of others just like him. I'm guilty too. I'll invest in a good stereo because I love to hear the music full and clear (although I have nothing to compare with the little cars with BIG speakers). I'll spend money and time so the music will resonate through my truck yet do I spend the time to make sure the Word of God resonates from me? It doesn't take money, just time, but I have to ask myself if I'm willing to spend it.

What message could we ever hear or tell that makes the glass vibrate and the metal rattle more than the saving grace of God? Even more, what message can reach the heart and soul more than the message of God's overwhelming love?

Last night I spoke about purity. I hope I got half the message across that I was thinking about, that I was feeling stirring inside me. I can't manage to be pure on my own but my God can cleanse me, He can make me spotless, blameless...perfect. That's a message that has more power, more reasonance, than anything else we could ever hear.

No comments: