Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

It's a great day but also a sad day. It's a day we honor our fallen military men and women, people who have sacrificed their lives to allow us to maintain our freedom. There are so many thoughts on wars fought, both today and throughout history, but one thing remains constant. In all of these battles, there have been people willing to put themselves on the line for me, my children, my children's children and on.

Because I have not been in the military or a situation where my life was on the line, I do not think I can begin to understand the courage and bravery our military people exhibit. I am so thankful for them and the fact that they have the courage and bravery to fight wars for us.

I am thankful for all of the men and women who have served in the armed forces. Today, I am focused on those who fought and died defending me and the people I love, defending you and your loved ones - those who paid with their lives so I can enjoy mine. I hope we, as a country, will continue to honor these unseen heroes for all they gave.

No comments: