Monday, October 03, 2005

I've recently been reading about "presence" as it relates to our ability to use technology to know when people are available to us and when they are not. The use of Skype and other technologies are truly fascinating to me by allowing people to know when you are available by email, or in your office or by cell or whether you are in a meeting, on vacation or just unavailable.
In college, I had a friend who always amazed me by his ability to stay "present" with whomever he was conversing even though he might have 20 people come by and say hello to him. He never let the person he was speaking with feel like anyone else was more important. It's no wonder everyone considered him a friend and enjoyed his company.
In my life, there is someone else who is always present for me, who is always available to listen and always willing to help. God is forever present. His presence in my life is for my benefit. When I fall, He will pick me up. When I cry, He will wipe my tears. When I shout for joy, He cheers with me. Whatever I need, whenever I need it, God is present for me. I can move through life knowing nothing is more important to Him than me at any moment and all the while knowing that nothing is more important than anyone who will call on Him. He shares equal presence with us all and always is present for me. Hallelujah that I have a friend who cares so much.

No comments: