Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The promise of cold weather is coming. Yahoo! Then again, maybe promise isn't the right word when it's coming from the weatherman. That's the problem with the weather. They tell you it will be cool and it's hot. They tell you it will snow and it's warm. They tell you rain is on the way and it's dry as a bone. They tell you the rain will stop and it keeps coming right up to the front door. It's tough to predict and even harder to make a promise on.

I'm glad I have one promise I can rely on. I'm promised the hope of heaven as long as I believe and as long as I try to keep walking in the footpaths of my Savior. I can slip and get off the path but I can come back and the promise is still there, still the same. I know this promise won't change like the weather. I know it won't let me down even when I let others down. This promise is always there for me, always the same.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

God's faithfulness is certainly one of His most attractive attributes, isn't it? If He said it -- take it to the bank!