Wednesday, October 05, 2005

So how do you get a title for each blog? I'm just not seeing it.

Bring on the cool (cold) weather. I'm just getting worn out with this hot weather. I'm hot all the time so I really need some 60 degree weather to get me in a good mood. This weekend should be great. Friday night football with cooler weather. TEXAS and Zero U on the TV Saturday with the windows open. That's living!

While I'm on the subject, why do kids have the ability to push their parents over the edge? My little angels, through a mixture of whining and moping can send me into orbit. After the initial explosion, I always wonder how my Heavenly Father feels when He has to deal with me. Does he have a life-size poster of the devil that He throws boulders at? Or a punching bag with the devil's face on it? Maybe He doesn't let things get under His skin like I do. Maybe He sees things through such loving eyes and a forgiving spirit that He understands I need some divine direction. I wonder? No, I know that is how He sees me. I've done (and still do) things I shouldn't and yet I always feel His open arms. I want to treat my kids like my God treats me. I want to forgive, to encourage and to push them to a better understanding of what their focus needs to be. Look to heaven, children. That is the goal. That is your future. Fix your eyes on Jesus and you will have a better life. Look to heaven, Jeff. That is your goal. That is your future. Jeff, fix your eyes on Jesus and enjoy the promise of His rest.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Great blog! What an incredible Father we have. Thanks.

Bev Ross said...

Jeff, super thoughts! I love that about God! He is so safe! Don't we learn so much about Him - in a variety of ways - from our children. Praise God for kids!