Thursday, September 29, 2005

I love this weather. It was 59 degrees in Decatur when I took my kids to school this morning and I'm loving it. My kids were out early, riding their scooters and enjoying the coolness while complaining about it freezing and no more swimming.
I love my kids and I get a kick out of listening to them. To this point, they are fairly unaffected by the world around them and their biggest joys and struggles are in the moment. Their existence is relatively carefree and they aren't burdened by much at all. I miss those days. It is so true that we can't wait to grow up only to find the freedom and independence of it all isn't so free after all.
I have a great appreciation of joy through my children. The joy they have in the littlest of things brings a smile to my face and makes me realize that the thing I worry about, the things that bring stress into my life shouldn't be what controls my life. I want to learn to live with the joy of a child, to see the goodness in others and let the struggles not be something to weigh me down but to deal with as I watch the smile on a child's face.
I think (no, I know) that's what God wants to see in me. I know He wants to see me joyous, to see me caring about others and letting Him help me with my struggles. I hope I can continually learn to do that. I want to laugh like Joshua, be content like Kory and enjoy my time and the people in it.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Great thoughts! Lord, let us slow down and appreciate the REAL blessings of life. Thanks, Jeff.