Monday, October 17, 2005

It's not always easy to write a blog. Days seem to fly by and then it's been a week. Add to that typing two entries and they never posted even though it looked like everything was as normal. Trying to remember what I wrote 10 minutes ago is hard enough then add the interruptions that come every few moments. I need quiet time. I want a job where I can work from about 10 until 2:30 with a lunch. Oh yeah, I'd like it to have a six-figure income too. While I'm thinking about it, how about a company vehicle, paid insurance and 6 weeks vacation. Sounds good to me.
Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy my job and (most of) the people I work with. I've got a great boss and things usually go well. I've been able to dabble in different areas and do different things and can't complain about boredom. Every day, my goal is to clean my desk and it seems like I spend more time seeing stuff pile up on it than goes off of it. Such is life and it keeps things challenging. In all honesty, if I won the lottery or struck oil in the backyard and found out I inherited billions from a rich uncle I didn't know, I'd probably keep this job, hire someone to do some of the more mundane tasks and show up (almost) everyday.
What about you?

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I think no matter how much money I have (which at this point is really dreaming) -- I would have to preach and teach the Word. I love what the Lord has called me to do. It must be the most rewarding work one can do. Plus, I only have to work on Sunday and one hour on Wednesday night!

Bev Ross said...

I love that question - what would I do if money wasn't a determining factor. I would do exactly what I do - half the time - and women's ministry the other half. Groups of women in my home - studying, praying, laughing, crying, journeying together into more intimate relationships with our Father! I LOVE to dream!