Friday, October 07, 2005

It's cold. I'm glad I don't have golf in my plans for today. Then again, I did plan to go to a football game and sit on lovely metal bleachers. Hmmm...somehow a movie and popcorn sounds good.
Making decisions is tough sometimes. I get pulled from one choice to another because of many different factors. Some view their allegiance to God that way. They go where it feels good at the moment. This place serves coffee and donuts. This place excepts everyone, no matter what they believe or how they live. This place says doctrine really doesn't matter.
I want to know God. I want to know His will. He doesn't change but yet he remains constant, fixed in His desire and an ever-present anchor from the winds that try to blow me around. He is the same, always has been and always will be. I'm thankful for that. No matter when or how I might stray, He remains rock solid. He remains a place of safety I can return to.
God, please give me courage and strength and wisdom so that I will not stray but always remain in the safety of your arms.

2 comments:

Bev Ross said...

That is one of my favorite things about God - He is forever the same. I hope I can learn to stop trying to tell Him who He is and become more of a sponge absorbing what He tells us about Himself. Isn't it awesome that He remains faithful in our faithlessness. Wowsie-powsie!

Rick Ross said...

Well, I'm still planning on playing golf this afternoon. But I agree with your assessment of things. I feel sometimes like I am in the middle of a whirlwind of change. it makes me so very grateful for God's steadfastness.

Go sit on the metal bench tonight. It'll do you good.