Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Preacher jokes are always so funny. Well, they are often funny. OK, OK, there are a few that are funny. Just kidding preachers, they are all funny. Anyway, the jokes are usually told because there is a message in the humor. Here is one I saw yesterday.

HOW TO STAY SAFE IN THE WORLD TODAY
Avoid riding in automobiles because they are responsible for 20% of all fatal accidents.
Do not stay home because 17% of all accidents occur in the home.
Avoid walking on the streets or sidewalks because 14% of all accidents occur to pedestrians.
Avoid traveling by air, bus, rail or water because 16% of all accidents involve these forms of transportation.
Of the remaining 33%, 32% of all deaths occur in hospitals so, above all else, avoid hospitals.
You will be pleased to learn that only .001% of all deaths occur in church worship services and these are usually related to previous health disorders. Therefore, logic tells us that the safest place to be at any given moment is at church! Bible study is safe too. The percentage of deaths during Bible study is even less so, for safety's sake, attend church and study your Bible. It could save your life.

So true. I don't know that going to church or studying my Bible will add one day to my life but I know it can't hurt. Better yet, I DO know that going to church and studying my Bible will give me a much better hope of having everlasting life. While those things in themselves aren't what will get me to heaven, they both put me closer to my Lord and my Savior, the one who shed his blood for me and the one who intercedes for me. Lord, keep me close, keep me safe and guide me home.

3 comments:

Rick Ross said...

So I guess I would be doing the church a favor to preach several hours at a time. Think of how much safer they would be! Thanks for the idea, Jeff.

Jeff said...

The guys in the back will just keep turning up the heat!

Rick Ross said...

I think it's already has high as it can go, so that shouldn't be a problem.