Monday, October 10, 2005

I'm not much of a history guy but have been reading a book on Stephen F. Austin recently and one comment has appeared multiple times about him even though I'm only in the first quarter of the book. The writer says that Austin had an ability that allowed him to overcome many obstacles and even helped him succeed - his ability to forgive people and never let past problems become an issue for him going forward.
I'm glad my life with God is like that. Each day, I can walk with him knowing that He has forgiven me for my sins of yesterday, that He is only wanting me to live better today.
Unfortunately, I get hung up over my past transgressions. I remember them and so often, so do others. We both see the ugliness. I shudder to think what life would be like if God did that also.
I am so blessed that God sees hope in me. He sees beauty in me. He sees a better life for me. My mistakes are erased from His mind. Oh, hallelujah, what a glorious God. If I can keep my eyes focused on Him, on His majesty and power and love, I too can see the beauty in others. I too can let go of the mistakes of the past, both my own and those who have hurt me and walk in the now. Join me in that walk. Let's take that path together and forget the errors of the past while looking towards the glory of heaven and the complete love of our Father.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Amen and amen! His mercies are new every morning.