Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Where is our society headed? Why are we called hatemongers when we speak the truth and why do we try to find "nicer" ways to speak the truth when the original version will do? What are we afraid of in our churches and our communites? Are we truly afraid of the wrath of our neighbors? I want to get along with everybody just as most people do but when I let getting along with people control my speech to the point that I don't speak up for God, what have I become?
"Speaking the truth in love" has probably been abused by people but why let it stop me from doing what I believe is right? We fret so much when someone goes above and beyond in using language and symbols in church that we shun it all to the detriment of ourselves at times. We must speak the truth, even when it is offensive to some. I read the Bible and often find myself wishing it didn't say some of the things that I read because I know I have sinned against God. Would I be a better person if the Bible said, "go ahead and do what you think is OK and it will all be alright." While I might be happier for a brief time, it wouldn't make me a better person because I wouldn't live within the guidelines set out by God that are meant to protect me, keep me safe and give me a life beyond any I can imagine right now.
Speak up, speak out and be proud that you are a Christian. I hope I can start doing a better job of it.

No comments: