Monday, September 12, 2005

Going to church is a wonderful thing. I've heard all the talk about finding God wherever you are and I believe that is possible. I also believe there is a reason the church was established. It does so many good things for us when we attend and participate. The benefit I so often find is hearing a message that really speaks to my heart, that speaks to something I've been battling. Yesterday, our class study based in Romans was about how we want to do the right thing but too often end up doing the wrong thing. Oh, how I wrestle with that. I pray that God will give me wisdom and strength to do what I need to do and then I find myself saying or thinking or doing something I shouldn't. What is wrong with me? Why I am wired this way? Can God ever love me when I stumble so much? And then...there it is in His word that others have stumbled , that we all wrestle with a sinful nature that we must be aware of and work on all the time. It's not just me. It's not just me. There are others fighting the same battle, there are others who have the same struggles. I take comfort knowing it's not just me but the devil messes with all of us. And best of all, God will help us, God will love us, God will forgive us, pick us up, brush us off and help us start fresh again.

Thank you God. Thank you for an incredible love. Thank you for an incredible gift. Thank you God.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Jeff, Your last two posts have really hit home. Thanks for sharing your life. I feel so blessed to know you and your family.