Saturday, September 10, 2005

Friday night football in a small town is so cool to me. I grew up at a 5A school and have been to see several big time high school games at Texas Stadium over the years but I still enjoy seeing the small town games more. Most of these kids aren't playing for big college scholarships - they simply play for the love of the game. After their high school years, many of them will wind up in the same small town, raise a family and cheer for their kids at the same small stadium. The games, the players, the town; it is really a passion for them.
What are my passions? Where does the work of God rate in my life? Too often it's like a football game for me. I go and spend 3 hours cheering and rooting on the efforts and then I go home and return to whatever it is I do.
God, please help me keep the passion for you burning inside me every day, every moment.

1 comment:

saurav said...

great post....