Friday, September 09, 2005

Two days in a row. It's a good start but I can't imagine keeping up the pace.

Kids are a wonderful thing. They show us some of our own weaknesses and they show us the joy of innocence. Why do we change from being childlike? I see my kids and their wants and needs are so simple. They worry about very little and when they do worry, it's usually over something inconsequential - though maybe not to them, certainly in an adult's eyes. Kids are sweet and trusting, hopeful and happy. I realize there are kids everywhere not as blessed as mine in different ways who know much more sorrow, grief and suffering than my kids do. I thank God for the peace my kids have in their life, I pray that they will learn compassion for those not as blessed and I hope they will learn to be a servant to those in need.

Oh God, help me teach them to be strong where I am weak, to trust you where I doubt and to hold firm to your promise where I forget who is the Ruler of my life.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Your kids have a good start because of the parents God has blessed them with. I love your blog.