Sunday, September 18, 2005

I want to have a heart like God's. I want to love people the way that God loves people. I want to forgive people the way God forgives people. I want to know a peace and a joy that I can only find through God. As I study the life of David and see his repentence and God's forgiveness, I realize that to have a heart like God's, I must be like God. I must forgive and not hold grudges. I most love when someone doesn't seem loveable. I must see the people around me the way God sees the people around me.
Too often I find myself wondering about people's motives, making judgements of their actions, holding on to a negative feeling for something someone said or did that I may have even misunderstood.
God, let me truly forgive when I am wronged. Help me forgive with a heart that erases whatever happened from my mind, the way You forgive me.
God, let me truly love others, let me see them through your eyes and through your heart. God, let me have compassion for others like you have compassion on me.
Let me know your heart and your ways. Help me to be an example of what you are, help me to be a light to the world.

No comments: