Thursday, September 08, 2005

What is this? Who am I? A couple of friends of given this a whirl so why not me? I like to write but don't particulary like to share my thoughts and feelings. I don't know what I'll write about or who will listen - probably the fewer the better.

I encouraged a friend to restart his blog because he has such good thinks to say. His daily devotional thoughts (I'm not sure what it should be called) help me focus on my spiritual nature during the day when I often get sucked in to the mundane tasks of work and life. I laugh when I type "my spiritual nature" because that isn't really my nature most of the time. Typically you would find me being cynical about some one or some thing that is beating me down - the devil's work to change my focus, to lose sight of God, to lose track of what is truly important.

My life has been such a series of strange happenings. I've walked both sides of the tracks...the bad more often than the good but God has shed so much grace on me it is overwhelming. When I'm alone, His love can bring me to tears. Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. A wretch? Most people don't see me as a wretch but I often do. Thank God for amazing grace.

2 comments:

Bev Ross said...

Jeff, I'm so glad I found your blog! What powerful thoughts! God is so amazing, isn't He?!? I know where I've been and I know I don't want to go back - praise the Lord! for His constant flow of forgiveness, mercy, and grace!

Rick Ross said...

Hey, fellow blogger. Why didn't you tell me? You are so right with your thoughts. We are all wretches redeemed by an incredible God. I look forward to walking with you in coming years.