Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I want the devil to the the funny looking guy with horns and a tail and a pitchfork, all red, so I can see him and keep an eye on him. Unfortunately, he seems to hit me dressed up as a word that doesn't strike me so well, as a computer problem that causes me to change my attitude towards people, as a TV show I want to watch that uses bad language and as a feeling of being worn down that makes me rather stay home than go to church. The rascal strikes me in ways I can't see but I know he's there. I know it because he takes a guy who really, truly wants to act like a Christian and causes him to act differently. I know it because I say and do things to family, to friends and to strangers that I don't reflect the person I want to be.
I'm glad to know the devil has been beaten, that he can only taunt me but that he can't beat me because I have a stronger, unseen force helping me fight the battle. Lord, let me use your Spirit to see the devil through his disguise. Let me be the person you want me to be, Lord. Praise to God for winning the battle and giving us aid to fight the fight.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I know it must just thrill him to have little victories in our lives. But I hope he is listening right now to my words. Satan, you are a big-time loser! There is no way you can overcome the blood of Jesus! NO WAY! And guess what: Jeff and I are covered with it! So, enjoy your little pokes and bruises you inflict on us. But you can't ever have us. You big loser!