Monday, September 26, 2005

I enjoy so many memories. My children have provided so many as has 40 years of memory making. One thing that makes me sad at times is that I forget things I wish I would remember. Again, thoughts of the kids come to mind and the funny things they say or do that I wish I could always remember but they get lost in my jumbled mind.
I thought about memories yesterday in church while taking the Lord's Supper. Do this to remember me, we are told. Every week, we have the opportunity to remember the struggle, the pain, the agony that Jesus endured for us and the victory He experienced for all of us when He left the tomb.
Jesus' death and resurrection is a memory I don't want to forget. I'm blessed to have it as a focal point at least once a week but I don't want to remember it only once a week. This is a memory I want to cling to, a memory I want when I'm tempted, when I struggle, when I'm down, when I begin to think I'm responsible for my success, when I begin to think I'm in control. It's a memory I want to always have near me to remember who's child I am, to remember who loves me beyond comprehension.
Dear God, give me a good memory and let me always keep Jesus, the cross and the resurrection in the forefront of my mind and my life.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I'm 40 and I'm not sure I'm prepared for all of it either. I've come to understand that our walk with the Lord is a continual process. We continue to grow in our spiritual knowledge just as we do physically. Fortunately, our spiritual being gone grow stronger even when the physical begins to falter.