Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I don't enjoy waiting on God. When I pray, I trust the answer will come quickly. Often it does, but it seems of late that my prayers don't seem to get the response I expect. Maybe I'm getting an answer I'm not looking for. Maybe I'm supposed to use this time to see something I was missing. Maybe He's preparing me for the answer. I don't know but I want my prayers answered. I am impatient. I'm confident in what I'm asking for, confident it would be good and confident God would use it for His glory but still I wait. It's confusing for me. Am I asking for the wrong thing? Am I clueless to His will? And still I wait and continue my plea. Hear me, O God. Search my heart. I pray my motives are good and my desire is to do Your will. I will wait God. I will continue to lift up my needs to You, I will continue to trust that You will hear me and answer me and bless me. I will beat the evil one who tells me to quit waiting, who tells me You are not listening. I will continue to pray, I will continue to hope, I will continue to trust in You.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I'm so with you on this. Waiting on the Lord about the sell of our house has me really questioning why. But I have learned that His timing is always best. So, I will wait upon Him.