Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random Thoughts Day

I would like to be in a cabin in Colorado today.

I have mixed emotions about the people who received tickets for not speaking English in Dallas. If someone is going to drive and be subject to our laws, doesn't it seem important to speak the language of the laws in the event of an accident? On the other hand, I think I understood the ticket they received is not a law so I don't see how they can get a ticket for it.

I wonder what will happen with the Rangers next year. I wonder if Jim Zorn will stick it out all year in Washington. I wonder what it's like to make a lot of money but have little free time to enjoy it. I wonder what it's like to make a lot of money.

I wonder what it's like to live in poverty, to have spent a life with little or no support and little or no opportunity. I wonder why I was born in a land of opportunity while someone not so different from me was born in Darfur. I wonder what my responsibility at a kingdom level is to that guy.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

A lot of my thoughts these days run along with your last paragraph. I'm wondering if we might be happier if we lived simpler. (I think I know the answer.)