Monday, October 26, 2009

Off The Road Again

I'm suggesting a new song title to Willie. I got plenty of driving in last week and I don't want anymore right now...especially in a pouring rain through road construction on I-35.

All the driving gave me time to pray and think. I did enjoy that time. It got my mind started on my 3rd book idea. Too many ideas, too little time. I might bang through some of the thoughts here in a few days but I'm weighing the comments I think it might illicit with my propensity to respond and then think about what I want to say.

My dad had some surgery last week. It's amazing what technology affords us these days but having surgery at 7:30 and being home at 12:30 still doesn't seem right. He's doing well and I cannot begin to express my thanksgiving for all the prayers lifted up for him and my family during this time. I had some people tell me they had friends in different towns who don't know us praying for dad. That is special.

Keep praying. Dad will get the pathology report back this week to find out what the next step is.

I watched a quarter of the Cowboys game yesterday and saw Romo's elusive move to get away from 4 defenders and still make a great play. The guy is a good QB but I think he's still rushing things. It looks like he is often throwing off his front foot. (Did I mention I'm a football analyst for the ACQBTV network - that's Armchair Quarterback for those of you not familiar with the station.)

I like Miles Austin so far. His expressions give me the impression he loves to play football just for the fun of it.

That's all for today.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: