Thursday, October 29, 2009

The End

What do you think of when you think about "the end?"

I was reading an article recently discussing the end of life from two perspectives. One was that the end of life was full of sorrow and depression. Time lost, things not done, life not fulfilled. The other perspective was one of excitement and newness. Claiming the reward, joy and rejoicing.

I won't pretend to know all the answers but people who lose themselves in alcoholism, drug addiction, hedonism, over-eating/spending/indulging, lost in depression...surely they do not comprehend the love God has for them. I have to imagine their vision is very short-sighted and they do not see or understand or believe where the end of this life can lead them.

I have been one of those people, knowing there was a heaven but not understanding my claim to it, certainly not grasping God's feelings for me but now that I do, I'm willing to live out this life trying to follow God's will but I truly look forward to the end of this life because of what has and will be given to me by the Father.

This world, this life, is not as good as it gets...not even close. I will wait but I continue to look forward to my eternity with excitement.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: