Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A New Picture

You might have noticed I changed the main picture. I thought you all needed to see more of me! Ha. This picture was taken in South Fork on a day my son and I rented a Jeep and drove up into the mountains above Beaver Creek Reservoir. I used to stop at these "waterfalls" when I was a kid and drink what I believed then and now to be the clearest, coldest water I had ever tasted.

On this trip, I was having problems getting good footing as the little pebbles kept sliding out from under me. As I was trying to get my footing for the picture, I was thinking that is how my life works at times - trying to get on solid footing with people or with God but it seems the ground under my feet just slips out from under me and I never feel quite sure of where I stand.

My next book idea has a working title of "I Don't Care What You Say, I Must Be Jewish" based on the idea that I can easily see myself as an Israelite traveling through the wilderness wanting to serve God but lost at times, forgetful at times, wondering if God forgot me and surely spending more time worrying about myself instead of what God wants me to be doing. At one point, the Israelites are complaining and Moses responds with what I need to hear today. From Exodus 14:

12 Didn't we say to you in Egypt, 'Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians'? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!" 13 Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."

If only I will be still and let the LORD fight for me.

Grace and peace to you.


4 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I think you need to write a book.

Unknown said...

Two thoughts:

I like your book idea. You ought to write it.

I'm glad you didn't drink the water. While it's probably fairly safe and certainly better than any of our natural water sources down here, it's probably teeming with Giardia.

Unknown said...

Did you drink the water?

Jeff said...

I did drink the water and it didn't taste like Giardia or Aquafina.