Thursday, October 15, 2009

Funny Letter

I got a letter from the Republican Party yesterday asking me a series of questions and I really hope they read my responses. While their questions had check boxes for yes or no responses, I used what space I could to give them my whole response. I could sum up all the questions like this: Do you think the Obama/Pelosi administration is going to run this country into the ground? It cracks me up. Personally, I think both political parties are doing a great job running this country into the ground as a nation. I think they are both corrupt and full of evil, self-serving, self-righteousness.

All these Obama-bashers need to wake up and realize that A MAJORITY OF THE COUNTRY VOTED FOR OBAMA! Think about that for a second. The majority (yes, I know the President isn't elected by popular vote - I'm just using majority as the easiest descriptor of what happened) of the country thinks it was not going well before Obama. That should tell the Republican party something but I don't think they are listening. I think they are whining like a bunch of little kids who don't get there way.

Here's the other problem I see. Christians are to blame too! Anyone think I've hit my head yet? Christians who have acted without compassion and love (anyone notice how many churches treat people who are divorced, lived an "alternative lifestyle", doesn't dress like they do, etc?). Christians who have tried to abdicate their roles to government (if every home had prayer time on a daily basis it might create a better school environment - maybe?). Christians who are more concerned with getting ahead than building up the kingdom (seen some people who give more time to their jobs than family or the kingdom?). Christians who are more willing to spend their money than to step out of their cocoon and help someone (OUCH, I just stepped on my toes).

Here's the solution. Christians being Christ-like. There are bunches of them in this country and I believe this country is in a spot where Christ-likeness will be recognized. Compassion. Forgiveness. Mercy. Love. This country and this world are screaming for those things and those who want to build the kingdom of God are in a great place at a great time. I think a side benefit of building the kingdom is creating a positive living environment in this country but the focus must be God, not the USA. I disagree with the notion that I am blessed to live in the country. I think God put me here for a purpose - I just have to ask myself if I am living up to His purpose for me.

I hope I see it more and more. Even more, I hope I live it every day.

Off the soapbox now.

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

You and I are in such similar places in our journey. This kind of thinking sounds radical. But the Kingdom IS radical.

Preach on!

amyg said...

Amen.... much of our "service" is in service of our ego...