Monday, October 12, 2009

Bright Lights

I'm back from Las Vegas (Henderson, NV actually) and the bright lights. I'm always amazed by how much electricity and water is used in that town for absolutely nothing. I would think that city would be a beacon to the terrorists.

I did eat really good at a place called Roy's Hawaiian Steakhouse. A connection who lives out there took us to dinner and paid so that was extra nice. Great fish and the first time I ate sushi and wanted more.

I heard the Cowboys won yesterday. Yippee. Overtime with Kansas City though? C'mon.

I watched part of the Rockies/Phillies game last night. Nothing like baseball played with the fans bundled up in parkas. That ain't right.

I've been reading a book that has me thinking more about a Christian perspective of government and politics. I might be writing on some of my thoughts from it later. It is only strengthening my resolve to separate my views of church and state and to put an end to the reference of America as a Christian nation. I think we as Christians as sorely misplacing our focus when we do that.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: