Thursday, August 13, 2009

What? When? Where?

What did God prepare me to do? Ephesians 2 says I am God's handiwork and He has prepared something in advance for me to do. What is it? Will I know when the time comes? Have I missed it? Is it for the spiritual battles I'm fighting now and/or battles to come?

I think most people want to know what their purpose is. Some give up and drift along while others jump from one thing to the next desperately searching everywhere for theirs. I have been at both extremes at one time or another but I have finally gotten comfortable waiting for the time and purpose to come to me. I can plan all I want to but there are so many variables that it becomes impossible to follow the plan to the letter. I can shut my eyes and ignore what is going on and my time can go by...or go by over and over again.

Now, I want to be prepared to act on the opportunities and to overcome the obstacles that come my way but I will wait on God to lead me to my opportunities and to guide me over my obstacles. I want neither to ignore nor shirk my responsibilities, only to rest in the Lord until it is time to act in the capacity He has planned for me.

Ignoring my path leaves me empty. Creating my path leaves me worn out. Walking with God along my path has brought me peace I never imagined.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: