Friday, August 14, 2009

Crime and Punishment

Sports radio is wound up today discussing Michael Vick and whether he should be able to play football again. Are you kidding me? I don't condone what he did but people do worse things to harm humanity every day and suffer a slap on the wrist compared with the price Vick has paid. Leave him alone and let him play. Of course, the danger is that we have to go back to looking at ourselves and our warts instead of focusing on those belonging to someone else.
________________________________________________________

I'm ready for college football to get rolling. Hook 'em Horns.
________________________________________________________

I have said I have no interest in going to JerryWorld but I saw a football lineup on September 5 with 4 high school games that might tempt me to venture out to his ego-plex.
________________________________________________________

The Little League World Series started last night with 2 Texas teams playing but I missed it (pulling weeds and getting thorns in my hands instead - yippee!). This is one of the sporting events I really enjoy watching because the kids are playing for the love of the game. I'm not sure about some of the coaches but the kids are fun to watch.
________________________________________________________

The Rangers and Red Sox this weekend. It should be a fun series to watch although Youkilis will be out which takes some good hitting out of Boston's lineup. Have you noticed the Rangers are still in the playoff mix and pitching is what is carrying them?

I had to take some time off from going to the game because of my world travels but I go back to the ballpark on Monday and can't wait. I have learned to love the game and being at a baseball field gives me a sense of peace as I step out of the hustle and bustle of life.
________________________________________________________

Have a good weekend.

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Vick, unlike many "above-the-law" athletes, has done his time. I agree, let him play!

I can relate to the feeling about baseball. I used to share your love for it. There is something about stepping through the gate and seeing the field that is almost like stepping through a timewarp. I feel the same way about being on the golf course.

I wish this was the last weekend of the season as the Rangers face the Red Sox, because I feel like they will take over the race for the wild card. My concern is we still have 6 weeks or so left. But props to the Rangers.

Unknown said...

Let Vick play. Let's move on with that.

The Rangers: 15 games above .500 and barely in the playoff race. Darned Angels! Maybe the Rangers will get hot in September and the Angels or Red Sox will melt down. One can only hope.