Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome Back Pudge

It was good to see Pudge back with the Rangers. I hope it works out that he can retire here and still be a contributor for a few more years.

It was not good to see the Rangers drop that game last night. It was shaky Monday night and last night wasn't pretty at all. The Angels are like a runaway steam train and Boston won't play bad forever. Saying all of that, the Rangers are something like 20-12 since the All-Star break so I have no complaints about what is going on. It's fun to be talking about them in August.

I was at the game Monday and Tommy Hunter got a big ovation walking off the field and Neftali Felix got a big ovation coming on the field. How many times have 2 Rangers pitchers been applauded in the same game? Oh yeah...no home runs that night. Wacky!
_____________________________________________________

I just got word that the son of a friend of mine (not local) committed suicide over the weekend. I was talking to someone who had heard and we were discussing how much pain someone has to be in to think that's the only way out. Some people reading this probably know that pain and others don't. I've heard people refer to suicide as selfish, and maybe it is, but I wonder if that person saying that has any clue the misery the other person was going through. Anyway, we were talking about what a blessing it is to have someone you can share your problems with, no matter how painful or bad or scary it might be.

I'm pretty sure that is what God wants for us. I'm pretty sure that is one of the purposes he created the church for. I'm pretty sure that is what disciples do for each other.

I hope I never get another phone call about someone committing suicide (physical or spiritual) because they didn't have someone to help carry their burdens.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: