Tuesday, August 04, 2009

A Million Miles Away

There are times when I feel so disconnected from things of life, from people, from tasks, from God. I feel like I am a million miles away, floating, sometimes coming nearer and sometimes drifting further away. It's not a feeling I enjoy because I want to be connected but something is happening that prevents it. I don't like the feeling of being a million miles away but it's not always in my control.

I have felt that disconnect with the people closest to me at times and it takes me through a gamut of emotions but most of all, it is a feeling of sadness and loneliness. I have felt that disconnect with God too and it brings out the same emotions. While it is not a pleasant experience, one thing I do know is that there is always hope of reconnecting, of traveling through time and space, of overcoming obstacles and being with who I had felt separated from. There is always hope.

One of the joys I have experienced this week is sharing time with people who are very connected to God and their connectedness is contagious. Their heart and desire to serve God is evident in their words and their expressions and the joy they bring in telling you some of the great things they are experiencing through their service to God. Some of it brings chills because their excitement gets me excited.

I want to be connected with the people I love and I want to be connected with God - plugged into His plan for me. It's a wonderful feeling to share hope with loved ones and it's a wonderful thing to bask in the hope we are given as children of God.

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I'm glad your trip is going well. Tell Randy and hello from the Rosses. You are in my prayers, my friend.

Rick Ross said...

Sorry, I meant to put Angela after the "and" and before the "hello":)