Friday, August 21, 2009

Overreaction Friday

How 'bout those Rangers?! World Series, here we come!

Thursday's "season is over" rant is no more valid than today's "crown us the champs" babbling but I'll tell you this...when Derek Holland pitches and Neftali Feliz comes in to relieve, I think I'd rather be at the park hearing the crowd than sitting at home watching. It gets louder for a couple of pitchers than it does for a home run! At the Rangers game! C-R-A-Z-Y.

I'm willing to bet you a Diet Dr. Pepper that the guys in the dugout are not thinking what a great year 2010 is shaping up to be. Instead, I've got a feeling they are very focused on how to fight their way into October and have a level of confidence they will get there that hasn't been around in years. Good stuff.
__________________________________________________

I got this excerpt from Os Hillman yesterday...

God often allows pain to ignite destiny in our lives. Without motivation, many of us would never fulfill the purposes for which God created us. Oftentimes a measured assault invades our life and creates a depth of pain that all we know to do is press into God with all of our being.

I wish I didn't have to go through pain to get better, to get stronger, to heal but that's not the way it typically works. Pain has led me from being a believer to a desire to know God to a desire to be His disciple. Could I have arrived at the same place without pain? Sure but it's not the road I walked so God used something to wake me up, to help me see more clearly, to begin to truly align my heart to His.

I want to live God's purpose in my life. I want to walk the paths He leads me to. I want to fulfill His destiny in my life. It has taken some pain to get me to that point and I say hallelujah that I have arrived at this point. I see different roads I should have taken in the past but I wouldn't trade anything for my ever-growing relationship with God that I have today. He is good and perfect and loving and merciful and I am living in that like I have never lived before.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: