Wednesday, August 12, 2009

In The Game

I recently heard a great line from a preacher. He set it up by asking "How many more Beth Moore studies do we need to have, how many more men's prayer and fellowship meetings do we need to have?" Then he drops the line...

"When are we going to put down the playbooks and start running the plays?"

It's a great question. I have been guilty of being willing to study what I need to do but not getting on the playing field to do it. I have been guilty of telling myself I need to have it all perfect in my head before I can go execute it and have let that stop me from doing much at all. When will I put down the playbook and start running the plays?

I think I've come a long ways in that regard and pray that God continues to lead me onto the field to run his plays. Gear Up! was all about running the plays and a lot of Christians got on the field to play.

I thank God for giving me the playbook so I can prepare (and I certainly need to continue studying the plays) but my prayer today is that God will put me in the game and let me play.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Your words remind me of a few guys I knew in college that were lifetime students. They just kept "studying" because they were afraid to enter life.