Monday, December 11, 2006

Sadness in Football Land

Boyd lost to Littlefield Saturday night and the Waterboy's career may be over. It was a tough game and Littlefield did have a potent running game that couldn't be stopped that night. It was tough to watch some of the seniors on the team who were emotional afterwards knowing how close they were to a championship game and that it was their last hurrah. They had a good season going further than many thought they would but it still is tough to get that close to the big game and not make it. Better to be close than watching all the playoff games though.

My son was excited about the opportunity to work the sidelines in a state championship game. Unfortunately that won't happen but it was a fun year for him and something I know he will remember for a long, long time.

Our attention turns to basketball now which is my favorite time of the year. Tonight we will catch some 7th and 8th grade girls basketball my daughter wants to see. Tuesday and Thursday is our 5th grade practice. After practice Tuesday we will go watch some varsity action at the new high school and maybe again on Friday. Basketball has always been my favorite sport and I can enjoy watching game after game at the high school and college level.

Is it nap time yet?

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Boyd had a great year. I like watching basketball, too. I do better when one of my kids is not involved. I get too emotionally involved.