Thursday, December 28, 2006

Hellllooooooooooo

With Rick out of town, I'm not sure anyone is out there. If you are, blink twice.

I'm finally coming to the realization that I'm getting older. I played basketball with some of my 5th grade team the other night and felt little pains I'm not used to feeling. I went to the eye doctor and she mentioned that I'm getting closer to needing reading glasses. A few brave folks mention that there is a spot with less hair than there used to be.

I've got a birthday coming up soon and I still am one not to put much stock in birthdays. In my world, they are just another day and I'm only a day older than I was the day before. I prefer to downplay parties and enjoy the few cards I get but don't wish for any more than I have. I'm also not one who dreads the next birthday. 30 came and went, 40 came and went...no big deal because it's just another day for me. It's only when the body begins to be less cooperative that I'm impacted by a birthday and that is starting to happen from time to time. I guess I'll start searching for that fountain of youth.

The good part is now I have some excuses on why I can't do things I used to do like move big boxes, paint, mow and on and on. :)

I'll celebrate my birthday this year like I have the last several spending a few days watching good high school basketball and listening to one of my favorite performers at Bass Hall. Thank you to the people in my life that tolerate my only acknowledgement of the day with these two events.

No comments: